I see that I did this only about 6 months ago, but the heck with it, I love me some constrained randomosity (in that there is a set number of songs, but within that set, it's random)... .
You can tell a lot about someone by the music they listen to. Hit shuffle on your iPod/iPhone/iTunes/media player and write down the first 10 songs.
Then pass this on to 10 people. ... No tagging here, but I'd enjoy seeing your song lists.
- Hakol Over (This Too Shall Pass) - Idan Raichel Project
- A Lonely Voice - October Project
- Come to My Window - Melissa Etheridge
- Golden Slumbers - The Beatles
- Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money
- Downtown Train - Everything but the Girl (Rod Stewart cover)
- Helen O'Grady/Drops of Brandy - Maggie Sansone (solo hammer dulcimer)
- East St. Louis Toodle-oo - Steely Dan (Duke Ellington cover)
- Car on a Hill - Joni Mitchell (YouTube link)
- Northwest Passage - Stan Rogers
The Joni Mitchell is one of my favorite songs ever, from the opening sax riff to the strange bridge in the middle to the sad, dreamy finish:
"It always seems so righteous at the start
When there's so much laughter, when there's so much spark
When there's so much sweetness in the dark ... ."